Ziggy Marley is a Jamaican musician with a net worth of ten million dollars. Ziggy Marley was born David Nesta Marley in Kingston, Jamaica in October 1968. He's the child of legendary reggae musician Bob Marley. The siblings of his and Ziggy captured with the father of theirs on the 1979 album Children Playing in the Streets. They later became recognized as the Melody Makers and played for their father's funeral in 1981. The group's label EMI wanted Ziggy to become a solo act and they decided to move to Virgin Records. The Melody Makers recorded ten studio albums and the single "Tomorrow People" of theirs charted in 7 countries. The team also won 3 Grammy Awards for Best Reggae Album. Ziggy continues to be active in politics and created the record label Ghetto Youths Crew. He released the solo album Dragonfly of his in 2003. His 2006 album Love Is My Religion won him another Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album. Paul Simon, Jack Johnson, and Willie Nelson is featured by his 2009 album Family Time. The Grammy Award for best Musical Album for Children was won by it. The additional well known songs of his include "True to Myself", "Drive", and "People Get Ready". The wife Orly Agai of his is the former vice president of William Morris Agency. He's 6 kids including the reggae and rap artist Daniel "Bambaata" Marley. His latest album Fly Rasta was launched in 2014.
Ziggy Marley Top Mentions:
- Reggae Singer Ziggy Marley Honored for Israel Support in Face of BDS Pressure
- Ziggy Marley and Michael Franti return to the valley
- Did you know Ziggy Marley is behind the 'Arthur' theme song?
- Ziggy Marley says he began smoking marijuana aged NINE with the blessing of his father Bob
- Steve Miller Band, Ziggy Marley and Stephen Marley Headline BeachLife Festival