Rowdy Roddy Piper was a Canadian born wrestler that received a net worth of four million dollars. Born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, Rowdy Roddy Piper, also known as Roderick George Toombs, left home as he was in junior high school and also lived mostly in youth hostels. He soon began wrestling professionally as he was in the late teens of his. In addition to the wrestling career of his, he was also a Golden Gloves winner, and earned a Black Belt in Judo. He wrestled for the American Wrestling Federation from 1973 to 1975, making a name for himself to be a villain. In 1975, he moved to the National Wrestling Alliance, where an even wider fan base was gained by him, and cemented the status of his as a popular villain. He remained with NWA until 1980. He wrestled on the Mid Atlantic circuit until 1983, when he lost fifty % of the hearing of his during a dog collar match. In 1984, he soon began wrestling for the World Wrestling Federation, and would go on to become one of its most popular figures. He was inducted into the WWF/WWE Hall of Fame in 2005. Roddy Piper died on July thirty one, 2015 in the age of sixty one.
Rowdy Roddy Piper Top Mentions:
- The Man, the Myth, the Legend Vol. 3: Rowdy Roddy Piper
- Rowdy Roddy Piper's legacy lives on with new book
- On the road with Rowdy Roddy Piper: How wrestling’s greatest heel made his final face turn
- Saskatoon's Roderick Toombs became WWE superstar Rowdy Roddy Piper
- Rowdy Roddy Piper documentary trailer released online