Dante Terrell Smith, or better known as Mos Def, is an American singer with a net worth of 1.5 million. Mos Def first received overseas attention as being a hip hop artist. Away from the solo work of his, Mos has appeared on albums by Da Bush Babees and De La Soul. Mos Def was also featured in the Gorillaz album. He's acted in several television and movies shows including the Italian Job, sixteen Blocks and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Mos Def came into this world in Brooklyn, New York on December eleven, 1973. He soon began rapping in the age of 6. In 2006, Mos was sued by the ex wife of his over failing to pay his court ordered 10,000 a month kid support. Of the court case, Mos claimed he could no longer pay for to make the monthly payments due to different business commitments and obligations to the other kids of his. Shortly afterwards, Mos permanently moved out of Brooklyn to Cape Town, South Africa. In May 2014, Mos was forced to cancel a US music trip since he was denied entry in to the United States. The US has been acknowledged to get quite strict in respect to failed kid support payments when considering if you should allow someone back into the country.
Mos Def Top Mentions:
- Mos Def Taught Us What 'Black On Both Sides' Meant 20 Years Ago
- Yasiin Bey (fka Mos Def) Celebrates 20th Anniversary Of 'Black On Both Sides' In Berkeley With Badu, Slick Rick & More
- Yasiin Bey (FKA Mos Def) new album to be released as live experience sound installation
- Yasiin Bey, fka Mos Def, is releasing his new album as a live sound installation
- The Source |[WATCH] Yasiin Bey Formerly Known as Mos Def Releases New Album in Most Unique Way