Lawrence Kasdan is an American screenwriter, director, and producer with a net worth of thirty million. Lawrence Kasdan came into this world in Miami, Florida in January 1949. He set out to become a teacher but became an advertising and marketing copywriter for 5 years where he won a Clio Award. He was rejected sixty seven times just before he sold the script for The Bodyguard to Warner Bros. Kasdan has written, directed, and produced for all the motion pictures The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Body Heat, Continental Divide, Return of the Jedi, The Bill Chill, Silverado, The Accidental Tourist, I Love You to Death, Hotel Vendome, Darling Companion, Dreamcatcher, Mumford, French Kiss, Wyatt Earp, The Bodyguard, Grand Canyon, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. He's slated to produce the upcoming 2017 film Star Wars Episode VIII in addition to produce and produce the 2018 untitled Han Solo Star Wars spinoff and Star Wars Episode IX found 2019. Kasdan has won nineteen awards and is nominated for 4 Academy Awards.
Lawrence Kasdan Top Mentions:
- Star Wars writer Lawrence Kasdan was just as puzzled by The Phantom Menace as you were
- Lawrence Kasdan movies: 12 greatest films, ranked worst to best, include ‘Body Heat,’ ‘Empire Strikes Back,’ ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’
- ‘Star Wars’: Screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan on Why the Franchise Isn’t Ready for a ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Tone
- Lawrence Kasdan loves that 'Star Wars' is 'goofy — in the best way'
- Star Wars Scribe Lawrence Kasdan Wanted to Kill Han Solo in Return of the Jedi