Jonathan Murray is an American television viewing producer who has a net worth of thirty million. Born in 1955 in Gulfport, Mississippi, Jonathan Murray is best known as the producer as well as co creator of MTV's The Real life, The Oxygen and road Rules Network's The Bad Girls Club. Bunim Murray with partner Mary Ellis Bunim was founded by Murray. Agent Mark Itkin of the William Morris Agency put the 2 in concert to develop a scripted soap opera for MTV. When that was too expensive, they decided to try an unscripted soap and the Real life came into this world. The reality television viewing genre was spearheaded by Murray and Bunim's company, Bunim/Murray Productions,. Of all the many other reality programs Bunim and Murray co created over the years were Road Rules, Love Cruise, Making the Band, Real World/Road Rules Challenge, the reality feature film The real Cancun, the real life day syndicated Starting Over as well as Fox's The simple Life. Bunim/Murray Productions is also executive producer on Project Runway for Lifetime and Staying in touch with the Kardashians, Khloe and Kourtney Take Miami, Kim and Kourtney Take New York and Lamar-All and Khloe on Bunim and e! Murray were inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame in 2012. The niece of his, Hailey Murray, appeared on the day reality series Starting Over, another show he helped develop, throughout the show's first season together with the mom of her, Lynnell.
Jonathan Murray Top Mentions:
- ‘Born This Way’ EP Jonathan Murray Discusses Reality TV Journey & Focus On “The Ability Within The Disability”
- Jonathan Murray Nabs Santa Monica Mini-Manse
- Five questions for financial adviser Jonathan Murray
- Jonathan Murray, Brian Doak, Dale Horn, Kyle Harris and Bart Gibson | UBS Financial Services
- Jonathan Murray Steps Down As Bunim/ Murray Chairman, Will Remain Consultant