Chubby Checker is an American musician with a net worth of four million dollars. Born in Spring Gulley, South Carolina, Chubby Checker, also known as Ernest Evans, grew up in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He formed the very first vocal group of his while for middle school, performing on street corners for change. The boss of his in the local grocery store where he worked introduced him to some songwriter who worked for Cameo Parkway Records, which lead to a meeting with Dick Clark of "American Bandstand" fame. His first solitary was recorded for Mr. Clark and charted at #38. It was the coverage of his of the dance track, however, "The Twist", which would release him to lasting fame. The song went #1 on the Billboard Hot hundred. He proceeded to record many other dance hits, including "The Huckleback", "Pony Time", "The Fly", and "Let's Twist Again". He also topped the dance charts again in 2008 with the single, "Knock On the Walls".
Chubby Checker Top Mentions:
- Chubby Checker, Fans Twist Away the Night
- Chubby Checker Ready to “Twist” Again in Ocean City
- Chubby Checker to bring 'The Twist' and 'Limbo Rock' to Ocean City
- Chubby Checker to twist his way into the State Theatre
- TWISTING CHANGE: Chubby Checker joins other stars for a fundraiser against gerrymandering – ILM's Alternative Weekly Voice